Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Book Recommendation: Momfidence

Since I'm a relatively young mom and have lots of young mom-ish friends (either who are moms or who will be moms in the near future), the topic of motherhood and raising children is forefront in my mind. It's amazing how having a child has introduced all sorts of new topics into my daily vocabulary. Naps, poops, baths, sippy cups, onesies. I find myself doing things I NEVER would have thought I would do like clean dirty bums, wear tennis shoes more than simply to exercise, SING outloud in front of other people with NO music to help me out. I've often asked myself, "Who am I? What happened to Natalie?"

And since I love to read and be generally well-informed, I've read a host of child-bearing, -rearing, -sleeping, -disciplining books. Reading and learning are excellent things, but I've found that there's plenty of gray area when it comes to children and what really matters is what works for me and my family.

Enter Momfidence. I randomly picked up this book from the library and thought it was a great read. Light-hearted and easy to read, the author has plenty of practice writing about being a mom and raising children (She writes a monthly column on the subject in Woman's Day and she has four kids). I laughed out loud at some parts and giggled my way through the rest. For all you moms out there, be sure to pick this up, you'll not be disappointed!

3 comments:

rabodine said...

Thanks for the suggestion! Any other books you recommend? With approx 8 weeks left to get ready - I need all the help I can get!!

Emily C said...

This one will have to wait a while for me.

Nathan said...

Natalie,
I'm going to look into this one, but at the same time was wondering if you have any other suggestions. It's coming up!

About Me

My photo
Two crazy lovebirds + three cute kids = The Fab Five