Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The Little Man

For all you Harry Potter fans out there, I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the final installment. Man, did it answer quite a few questions! I didn't say much (to Will or outloud) while I was reading it because I was on pins and needles the whole time, hoping that my favorite characters didn't die. I thought it was a great ending and I'm getting excited thinking about starting the series over from book 1. I'd seriously (or siriusly, ha, ha) like to discuss any plot points with anyone. Just leave a comment and let the analysis begin!

This past week went well. Everett and I ventured to the pool a couple of times. Boy, oh boy, does that little man enjoy the water and the pool! I've neglected to take a picture of him in the pool, but will hopefully snag one sometime this week.

In the meantime, here's a little bit of what Everett's been up to: making mean faces and trying to talk on the phone. I swear I'm not on the phone that much, but Everett's taken to pretending that everything is a phone! Here he is just moments after he stealthily (is that a word?) stole a cookie that had blue writing all over it.


And here's the little man desperately trying to figure out how to use Grandma's cell phone.





I love this last picture when he decided one phone just wasn't enough.

When did my little child become such a little man? I'm excited to have Juliana and see Everett fulfill his role as big brother.

So, other than going to the pool, playing outside and reading Harry Potter, it really hasn't been a very eventful week. I mostly just posted because I was tired of the other post. Oh, and for those that care, my new facewash really seems to be working! Yippee for small blessings!

17 comments:

lrbodine said...

I'd love to talk about the latest Harry Potter! I'm quite pathetic and pretty much got nothing done on Monday because I was reading it all day and couldn't put it down. I thought it was the perfect ending!

Jessica said...

*WARNING* SEMI-SPOILERS! READ AHEAD AT YOUR OWN RISK! hahaha.




i loved it as well. the whole snape unrequited love thing, kind of tugged at my heartstrings. how sad was that? i also immensely enjoyed the ron/hermione hook up scene, and although i initially thought the epilogue to be super cheesy -- almost to the point that it took away from the whole series -- i have reached the point where i feel like it was the PERFECT ending for harry. all he ever wanted in life was a family. and finally he's blessed in abundance with one.

and i have to say it made me a little teary eyed to find out that albus' middle name was severus. anyone else? and like natalie, i kind of want to start all over from the beginning again! (although that will have to wait until we get home, because i already returned books 1-6 to the library).

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

I agree a/b the Snape plotline. For me, that came out of NOWHERE. I have a lot more respect for Snape, seeing as how his love for Lily overcame his hatred of James. I just can't believe he really was good all this time. Maybe not nice, but good.

I teared up a couple of times - when Harry finally opens the snitch and has the resurrection stone and his parents, Sirius and Lupin are all there. And yes, the Ron/Hermione love story - FINALLY. And I thought it was so sweet that Albus Severus was named after two great headmasters of Hogwarts. So sweet.

I DID want to know who Victorie's parents were from the epilogue. You know, who Teddy Lupin was snogging with? (And by the way, I think snogging should TOTALLY be used more often in American lexicon!) Maybe George's daughter?

All in all, it was great. Oh! And I LOVED Molly Weasley using that curse word for Bellatrix Lestrange!!! I laughed out loud at that.

Jessica said...

me too on the b word. i think the name was victoire, and since its a french name, i was assuming it was fleur and bill's daughter. and i also agree about using the word snogging. i'll get it started here in cincinnati and you can get it rolling down there in the atl. haha.

Shayleen Lunt said...

Whoa! That IS a mean face - I was seriously scared!
Okay - I miss living by you and Robyn. That way I could bum the new book from you (for 5 months:) to read. I can't read that comment from your friend Jessica because I'm holding out for the 'surprise.' Even though I probably won't get to read it for a few more months. (sigh)
ps Hooray for face wash that works (not that I could see anything on ya, it's just nice to find a cosmetic product that really does work).

Hilary said...

I realize this is kind of a lame comment since I have absolutely no Harry Potter knowledge to contribute - but I just wanted to say Hi and I that I love hearing what you are up to. Everett is darling - and you look great pregnant! You should feel great about only gaining 18 pounds at this point - seriously - half of it is a baby. I am glad your move went well. I bet the Grandparents are loving it! Good luck in your last 10 weeks.

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I also was like who the heck is Victoire! I suspected it was Bill and Fleur's. I was so sad that both Tonks and Lupin died! Teddy was what 5 days old, it's Harry all over again. I had to reread the end of the 6th book to get a real grasp for that whole wand thing, of who was the REAL master of the wand, I had to find out why Malfoy was the master of the wand. I have to admit that Dominic read the end of the book to make sure i would be happy of how it ended! He was more than happy to help considereing he wasn't going to read it at all. Anyways wonderful book and i loved every second of it.

CJ said...

Absolutely loved it! What a great ending-- in some reviews I read a lot of people were complaining about it being too fast paced, but I loved all the twists and turns. And I thought the epilogue was perfect-- although I have a feeling JK Rowling might have added that on later to send a clear message that she isn't doing any "what happened to Harry Potter" sequel series. Because now we all know. ...If I were here I'd run away to a private island right about now and enjoy some peace and quiet! ... I just can't believe there's no more Harry!

CJ said...

I meant "if I were HER", not "if I were here" ... oops

Christianne said...

I loved it too. I cried a ton I must admit. I was surprised how many people guessed the ending--that harry was a horcrux (they had everyone's guesses in the paper before it came out) I thought for sure he would die so I was happy that he got to live again. I thought he would have some connection with hogwarts like be a teacher of DA or something but I think he was right when he said he had enough trouble for a life time. Ron's humor was funny and I am glad they had him do something smart for once like getting the baskik fangs from the chamber of secrets. It is neat how all the main character killed a horcrux even Draco, Crabbe and Goyle...ironic.

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Oh! All good comments. I love hearing what other people have to say.

Jess - I know I probably should've picked up on that name being French, but I totally didn't, so thanks for that clarification.

Becca - The wand thing was a bit confusing. I think I figured it out, but I think I'll go read that part in book 6 again. Thanks for the tip!

Carrie - I loved the fast paced ending as well. I just wanted to know if Harry was going to live, so I was happy to get there as soon as possible.

Christianne - I totally didn't even make that connection about the main characters each destroying a horcrux. Now that I think about it, that IS really neat. J.K. Rowling is fabulous!

And now one more question - any thoughts on what the white, yucky thing was on the floor in the 2nd to last chapter when Harry is talking to Dumbledore in King's Cross Station? My guess is it's the part of Voldemort that's dying? Or something along those lines?

CJ said...

I wass thinking that was probably the part of Lord Voldemort that was locked away in Harry's soul when the avada kadavra curse destroyed the horcrux.

Anonymous said...

I also thought it was Voldemort, just a crying disgusting baby thing trapped. I liked that touch...but can you explain to me why he had to be naked when he go there. I know he got some clothes later, but I am guessing that will not make the movie version...I loved the fast pace. I actually got very bored when they were wondering in the wilderness if you will. Anyways this is the best discussion site i have found you have very harry potter insightful friend Nat!

Sarah said...

Everett is such a little cutie!! Ethan used to love to play with my cell phone too. Sorry no comments about Harry Potter, I'm not much of a reader :)

Clair said...

Hey girl! I'm just now catching up on your blog... Sorry I never got back to you on Will's headshot...we've been out of town for a while and I've been super busy. I know...excuses, excuses. But that one he got done looks awesome - better than I could do :)

Anyway, I haven't read any of the Harry Potter books, but will one day. And about Twilight and New Moon...you are one of maybe 3 people I've met that wasn't in love with the books. But that's ok, I guess you can still be my friend! (haha..j/k!!)

I'm utterly obsessed with those books and am reading them again to get ready for the third.

I can TOTALLY relate about the pregnancy comments. I once had a guy yell at me across a parking lot, "HEY! Did you know it's illegal to smuggle basketballs in the US!" What the?! What would compel a total stranger to yell something like that and think it's funny?! I've had some really mean comments before, too. I'm not a tall person, so my belly REALLY gets out there and it's inevitable that the comments ensue from about week 30 on.

Hang in there...you look AWESOME!!

Oh, and I LOVE the name you've chosen :)

Clair said...

p.s. I tagged you for one of those list game thingys. go to my xanga site to see the rules. xoxo :)

www.xanga.com/kissacooper

Rebecca said...

He has gotten so BIG! glad you found us on here so we can keep in touch. talk to you soon.

About Me

My photo
Two crazy lovebirds + three cute kids = The Fab Five