Fear not our faithful readers, all is well with us. The lack of posts lately has little to do with the fact that we now have kids (plural - wow, that's weird!) and more to do with the fact that I've been lazy about taking pictures of the wee ones. I really have no excuse. But, I promise to do better! I know how antsy I get when folks go a while without updating their blogs, so I promise not to let so much time lapse between posts again!
Life has been going really well. I'm so grateful to NOT be pregnant anymore and have more control over my emotions!! I tell you what, it's wonderful knowing that if I'm happy or sad or crying, at least now there's a reason, not just "the pregnancy hormones". I feel great! My recovery has been going exceptionally well too. I'm amazed at how well I'm getting around and the things I can do. The c-section with Everett was definitely way more painful that this time around.
I had a 3 week check up with my doctor on Monday. She gave me the go ahead to start walking - yea!! I'm sooo ready for some serious weight loss. I did have to laugh though. The doctor said, "You can start walking, but no serious exercise. Like I don't want you doing sit ups or anything." Some of you can relate, but I don't think I could do a sit up right now if I tried!
And now on to the pictures:
The picture below is pretty much how we've seen Juliana for the past three weeks. The girl loves to sleep! And I'm definitely not complaining. I love it. And yes, she gets that from me.

Check out those arm creases. We sure do love our little wide-eyed Michelin baby.
Everett is still adjusting to having a baby sister around. He'll go from super nice and loving, as evidenced here:
To too rough and tough (he's squeezing her head just a tad to tightly) in a matter of seconds.
Here's our rapidly chunking up baby, just chillin' with her dad.

And here's a great story: All of Everett's pants are 18 month and make for some great high waters. Basically, he looked like a dork. So my mom and I took him to Old Navy yesterday for some new jeans for the fall. We picked up a couple of long-sleeved shirts while we were at it. Anxious to see if they fit, we put him in a new outfit yesterday afternoon. Later in the evening, while we were busy and Everett was watching "Curious George", I guess the shirt started to bother him because the next time we saw him, this is what he looked like:


Umm, yeah. Let's hope he doesn't adopt this style of dressing when it really starts to get cold!
And to conclude, a couple of more shots of Miss Yellow Bird. Who do you guys think she looks like?

11 comments:
I always say, everyone deserves a baby that sleeps alot... so you go girl. i love when her eyes are wide open - she is a doll.
Everett's shirt off the shoulder is hilarious - i was also cracking up at the contrast of the nice sweet loving picture to the rough i'll show her who's boss picture.
cute kiddos.
i think she definitly has all your features but eyes. the eyes look more like wills, fo sho.
glad for the update. if we get reagan and everett together, we will have one fully dressed little boy!
We can't wait to meet her! She is beautiful and overall I think she looks more like you Natalie. We hope to come down the first weekend in November for the Walker School Homecoming, so hopefully we'll get you see you guys and meet the wee one!
Beautiful children! Thanks for posting pictures.
Beautiful children! Thanks for posting pictures.
Thanks for the update. When you don't post for so long, I get worried that something isn't going so good. Juliana is beautiful and she is a great mix of both you and Will, I think.
OH how I wish Eli was a sound sleeper! (It just took me two hours to finally get him to take an afternoon nap...not fun!) But how wonderful to have your second child be a sleeper - I am thrilled for you!
And I agree with the other posts - she definitely has Natalie features. It's good to see a new post from you!
She's adorable. I love the Michelin man arms. And a good sleeper to boot. Good girl.
Enjoy your walks! It is so freeing to be able to exercise. And Natalie, from one c-section mom to another...no way would I be able to do a sit-up during the first six weeks. Heck, it's been 3 months and I haven't even THOUGHT about doing one still!
i'm so glad to see new pics! as for who she looks like, i think she's a pretty good mixture, because in the first shot i thought she looked just like you, but the next one down, i saw more will in her.
and like emily said, i loved the conrast between the loving and rough everett. so funny!
and for real now, you can be expecting something in the mail for miss juliana! (i just mailed it off yesterday)
So cute & funny all at the same time. Those shirt pictures just cracked me up, that was so too funny and such a guy thing. I'm so glad too you have such a good healthy happy baby. I hope she stays that way forever!!! Every parent needs that. I'm staying nuetral and in the middle :] because I can't decide who she looks like (yet) I see both of you in her so much! What a sweetheart and hunk you've got! Enjoy!
Love, Chelsea
Overall, I'd say she looks more like you. Lucky you to have a three week old that sleeps and sleeps and sleeps! That makes life a little easier. Glad to hear you're healing well. It's great when you get to the point when you can sit up from a lying position and not cringe!
Post a Comment