Monday, March 17, 2008

All About Will

In all of my daily blog snooping, I've come across this post quite a few times and I think it's cute, so here I go...

What is his name? William Riley Giddens

How long did you date? We dated for two months before we got engaged. Almost to the day. Our first date was August 2nd and we got engaged on October 4th. After that, we were engaged for four months, again almost to the day. We were married on February 6th.

Who eats more sweets? Definitely Will. He has quite the sweet tooth. Especially for chocolate. And ice cream.

Who is taller? Will. He's 6'3", I'm 5'5"

Who is the better singer? Will by a mile! I can admit that I'm hard-press to carry a tune. Will has an incredible voice (although he plays it down) and I'm always trying to get him to sing in some sort of public forum (like in Sacrament meeting). Will always does spot-on impressions. I've heard him sing Tim McGraw, Garth Brooks and George Strait with eery accuracy.

Who does the laundry? I do. I'm better at getting it done and folded and put away than Will is.

Who pays the bills? We both do. We definitely employ a teamwork strategy to make sure all the bills get paid each month.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? We don't have set sides of the bed. In the four years we've been married we've switched sides probably 8 to 10 times. It really depends on which way our bed is facing, where the baby monitor is (was), who needed to be closer to the door (for whatever reason. Work, baby, etc) or the bathroom (me with pregnancies). Right now, Will sleeps on the right side.

Who mows the lawn? What lawn?
Who cooks dinner? Usually me simply because Will's at work or school. But on the weekends it's usually the both of us in there.

Who drives when you're together? Usually Will, but sometimes I do. I'd say it's probably a 60/40 split. Or maybe 70/30.

Who is more stubborn? Probably me. Will's always telling Everett that he gets his stubbornness from his mother.

Who kissed who first? Will DEFINITELY kissed me. On our first date too. I was one of those girls who had no problem kissing on the first date. Should I be admitting that?

Who asked who out? Hmm, well Will got my phone number at a YSA dance on Friday and I told him about a pool party the next night and said he should come. So I guess we both did?? He put forth the effort of calling me the next day and getting directions, driving out and staying out until the ungodly hour of 3 or 4 in the morning. So I like to give him the credit for the first date.
Who proposed? Will did. He surprised me at work (I only had like four co-workers) and three of them were out of the office. We had talked about getting married, but I knew he didn't exactly have tons 'o funds since he was still re-cooping from his accident. I wasn't expecting a ring until Christmas, at the earliest. He came into the office wearing a suit and holding a dozen red roses, so I knew something was up. He said some sweet things and then got down on one knee and popped the question. It was incredibly sweet and afterwards we went to The Cheesecake Factory to celebrate.

Who is more sensitive? It's a tie. We're both pretty sensitive, but not in a constantly-getting-our-feelings-hurt kind of way. More of a that's sweet-you're wonderful-we're lucky-I love you kind of way.

Who has more siblings? We both have three - two brothers and a sister.

Who wears the pants? This question is dumb. We're a team. No one's "in charge".

10 comments:

Shayleen Lunt said...

Those pictures are great! I love the one of you two on the couch.

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Ha, ha, so do we Shayleen! That picture is our target weight for weight loss. We were thin then!

klonghall said...

Boy, I feel even luckier that Bridger gets to have Will as a Primary teacher! I always thought he was awesome, and this gives me more reasons to think so. (Heck, anyone who "gets" my crazy son and teaches him the gospel is a BIG winner in our book around here!) You two are great together.

Anonymous said...

That was so sweet! I've read other ones and I like yours the best!!! You can totally tell you guys are big team players and care a lot about each other. I loved the photos too. I love 'old' dating pics-they are so much fun to look at and yes, compare with.
Oh and just one comment about who sleeps on which side of the bed: I think John and I are the odd balls because we seem to be the only ones that have never changed sides. Well I think we tried it for a night or two but we went right back to John on the right and me on the left (if you were looking from the foot of the bed) Must have something to do w/ his deaf ear! :]

Thanks for sharing all of the fun info-and man you guys move fast!!!! hee he hee heee

Love, Chelsea

heidi said...

there is no shame in first date kissing! hold your head high! does is make you feel better or worse to get an endorsement from a fellow(multiple for me)first date kisser?

i too love the couch picture. footloose and fancy free. those were the days...

Emily C said...

That is so sweet! i never knew your engagement story. :)

Jessica M said...

Fun to read. And I love The Cheesecake factory!!!

foreveryoung said...

So fun to hear from you! Of course I remember you and it will be fun to go through your links and get caught up on all those other people. Congrats on your marriage and two ADORABLE kids. Has it really been over 10 years since we were hanging out at girls camp??? I'll totally send you an invite to my blog (I also have links to Wesley Smith, Nicole Christensen and Kelly King, so you'll have to check out their blogs).

Suzette Selden said...

I'm so glad to find your blog, too. I cannot believe you have two kids! Congratulations... love the pics!

julie said...

this is great -- i enjoyed reading your thoughts on your wonderful husband (my wonderful cousin!). i agree he is a great singer, and his impressions are dead-on! he's probably the funniest guy i've ever met! you have never-ending entertainment!

About Me

My photo
Two crazy lovebirds + three cute kids = The Fab Five