In general, Juliana seems much more dramatic than Everett was at her age. I haven't decided if it's due to gender or personality. Case in point: We had her birthday "celebration" yesterday (it was just a cupcake). When Everett turned one he sat there calmly as we sang Happy Birthday and then promptly dug in with both hands. Here's Juliana as we were singing:
It's difficult to tell if all the thrashing about was due to the quality of singing or just being scared and dramatic. Nevertheless, she eventually settled down enough to eat her cupcake. I mean, eat the chocolate frosting. She didn't really touch the cake part of the cupcake. Which could have been a good thing since it was a beast getting all that chocolate frosting off her face and out of her nose and hair.
Probably my favorite picture of the day:
The end product of letting Juliana take control of her own cupcake eating?
Yep, Juliana's just more dramatic. In every way.
In other blogworthy ramblings, did any of you catch the premiere of "Privileged" on the CW? I stumbled upon it just as it was starting last Tuesday night and I think I'm hooked. It's fun and quirky and fashionably forward for sure. The lead is played by a girl that was on "Reba", if any of you ever saw that show (anyone? anyone?) and one of the girls played Effie in "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2". "Privileged" kinda/sorta has the same vibe as "Gilmore Girls", where you have to be paying attention to catch all the fun things they say. As I currently watch only two shows faithfully ("The Office" and "Ugly Betty"), I think my tv-watching schedule can handle this fun little ditty every Tuesday night. If you didn't catch it last week, definitely try to scope it out tomorrow night. It comes on after the new 90210, which I've heard is abysmal and in no way reflects on the quality of this particular show. Check it out and let me know what you think.

8 comments:
holy cow! your kids are some clean cake eaters! andersen was COVERED in green frosting. so funny. i can't believe she's a year already! it's so weird that you have 2 kids, and the baby is a year! where does the time go?? it's fun to see your pictures. i still check in all the time. keep in touch!
I totally had to share those pictures with my co-worker. :-D
Very cute pix. I loved "Reba". I started watching it in syndication. I love Van. He cracks me up. I'll check this one out. I've also recently caught up on "Gilmore Girls". I never watched it when it was on in primetime. It's my favorite thing to watch these days while folding laundry. Very clever humor. How did I miss it the first time around? I guess I was knee-deep in babies who wouldn't sleep, etc. I missed lots of TV from 1997-2002.
loved the pictures of J. the amazing thing is that she is more dramatic than Everett-wow. are you ready for all that drama in your house? caught the show last night and have to say way to go natalie-thanks for the recommendation.
i totally watched "priveledged" last week, b/c i was bored and figured why not try out a new show. i LOVED it. i'm hooked already. i think its witty and clever and i love how the ppl talk kind of fast. i'm glad someone else is out there watching it with me!!
i got your voicemail. i will try calling on my way home. my days are usually so slam packed that i do'nt have extra time to chat :(
Thanks for the laugh! What a darling! Happy birthday!
I noticed you were reading Specials. I didn't make it past Pretties of that series. I kept hoping Tally would fall off a cliff. Let me know what you think of this one!
I LOVE the girl from Reba! In fact I love the show Reba!!
I can't believe your little girl is already one. Time flies.
Post a Comment