Saturday, November 22, 2008

Fried Chicken

I was born and raised in the South to a dad from Birmingham, Alabama and a mom was is 100% Mexican. Even with this heritage, Will loves to tease me that I am neither very Southern nor very Mexican. I don't speak Spanish, I don't really identify with the Mexican culture, I don't like collared greens, okra, pecan pie, or boiled peanuts. I hardly have an accent (but that's debatable) and the list could go on. In fact, before I met Will I would say I only slightly liked country music.

Will, on the other hand, is very Southern. Although he doesn't normally have one, he can turn on a Southern accent with the drop of a hat. He loves all Southern foods, hunts, goes shooting, has worn Wranglers (yeah, I've never done that), has owned cowboy hats and big belt buckles, etc. Plus, he loves country music. Since we've been married my country music repertoire has grown ten fold. As evidenced by the music video below. This is "Chicken Fried" by the Zac Brown Band. The actual video doesn't begin until about 1:12, but definitely give it a listen. I think it's such a catchy tune and I love that it mentions Georgia Pines. Gosh, maybe I really AM Southern after all?

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Ok, I'm hooked. I must have that for my i pod :)

Amanda and Steve said...

Thank you for putting that on! I love that song and hadn't seen the video.

Rebecca said...

when i read the title to the post i thought, hey thats almost like my new favorite song chicken fried! lo and behold it was the very same!! love love love this song!

Laura L Giddens said...

Love that song and fun music video. I'm glad your country music repertoire is expanding.

About Me

My photo
Two crazy lovebirds + three cute kids = The Fab Five