I usually use this blog to showcase the kiddos or post lists about unusual/funny/weird/interesting things about me. Will and his super busy schedule don't meet my highly strict, super rigorous blog standards. Well, no more! Even though he keeps telling me it isn't a big deal, I think it is and since I'm the main (read: only) writer on this family blog, here we go.
A couple of months ago there was a sales contest at work. Basically, over a six-week period of time all of the agents in Will's office were competing to see who could submit and get paid on the most insurance business. Will has been getting a lot of good momentum at work and is finding and working with some really good clients. So when he told me that he was one of the winners, I was ecstatic! The prize? A free i-Phone. How super fantastico is that?!? Yea for Will!
********************************************************
Speaking of phones, I think I'm finally getting a new one. I've had my current phone for so long that I've accumulated a $100 credit toward a new phone at Verizon. Seriously folks, I've had my current phone for almost two years. In phone years, my phone is like 57 years old. It's been dropped so many times that the paint (paint? color?) is all chipping off. Everett broke the lens for the camera part about a week after I originally got it. Juliana has managed to chew on the charger so that now when I plug my phone into the charger, it doesn't read that it's being charged. Lovely. So I'm forced to use my car charger. Which is fine and good, but for whatever reason the fuse to the cigarette lighter in the Suburban is blown and although Will's fixed it twice now, it still keeps blowing out. Serenity now! So, on the to-do list for Saturday is a jaunt to the Verizon store for a new phone. I know I'll be so excited for a phone that works and is pretty and can be charged that you can all expect a phone call from me next week.
*************************************************************
A Closer Look
Market Force
Best Mark
********************************************************
And finally, we've all been a little sick this week. I love the Christmas season and it seems like such a bummer to be sick during this time. Everett has had the worst of it and I can tell it's bad since he's been conking out and taking naps almost every day this week. Plus, he's had such a nasty cough that I swear he could give a chain smoker a run for their money. We went to the doctor yesterday and she prescribed some stuff that I think is really doing the trick. I hope we're all better soon because I have cabin fever and am dying to get out of the house!
My three favorite people. Doesn't it look like Everett's doing some kind of air guitar thing? Sweet.

11 comments:
NOW WILL CAN BLOG FROM ANYWHERE!!! i will be anticipating some will-written posts. haha, i am so punny!!!
can't wait to see the new phone!!!
do tell more about the mystery shopping. i signed up a few years ago to do it, but the people i talked to sounded shady so i never went ahead with it. keep me posted.
Thanks for sharing about the mystery shopping experience. You are the first person I have heard that does it. I just signed up too. Thanks for the info.
I'm glad you had fun mystery shopping. Be careful, it's kind of addicting. We've found some great restaurants around town as mystery shoppers. It's a great way to eat out on a lean budget. And, I'm all about eating out!
I've been "working" with Mystery Guest Inc for a while now - so we at least get Cheesecake Factory 4 times a year now thanks to them! Love it. And I got to try out their other branch - The Lux Cafe. I didn't like it as much though! I need to someone to pay me to shop at Target...
Juliana is such a cutie!
Way to go Will on winning a new phone!
I must say, I got a new phone around this time last year and wished I had held out another month or two. There seemed to be better Verizon deals on phones in January!
Good luck with the decision though ;)
i just got a new phone for my birthday too. my was horrible! it's no iphone, but it's better than what i had. and i am totally intrigued by your mystery shopper experience. have you been doing it long? do they really pay up? i signed up for something once, and was supposed to get an email or something and never heard from them. i was bummed. i want more info!! maybe another post dedicated to your mystery shopping, how it works, how you got started, etc? anyway, merry christmas season! hope you guys get feeling better.
FYI - I think Best Buy has better deals on Verizon phones than the Verizon store. I've shopped at both places and usually get a better phone for a cheaper price at Best Buy, and I have Verizon too.
I'm excited about the mystery shopping links!
Yay for new cell phones....except learning how to use it. And great idea w/the mystery shopping thing. I didn't know if it was worth the initial set-up and return but I'd love to go to the Cheescake factory!
I didn't know your followed the nie nie dialogues too.
Yea for mystery shopping! I just signed up for some sites (that my mom recommended) about a month ago and I've loved it so far...we went to The Flying Biscuit last week. Yum!
Thats awesome you finally signed up to be a mystery shopper, you know i work for Market Force right? I can always try to get you the really good stuff!!!
You're the first actual mystery shopper I know. I'm jealous. I'll have to check out the link and see what I can do. Sounds pretty cool. And, cute picture! And, happy birthday!
Post a Comment