Sunday, May 08, 2011

Happy Mother's Day to Me!

I have quite a few posts up my sleeves to catch up for the past month, but I really wanted to post this little gem.  

Last week we drove (yes, DROVE) back to Atlanta to attend the cultural celebration and rededication of the Atlanta LDS Temple.  It was wonderful to be there and we have some neat stories to share, but that's a different story for a different post.  While we were there, I called Everett's former preschool teacher, Ms. Kathy, to see if Everett could drop by his former place of higher education to say hello.  Everett LOVED preschool, Ms. Kathy, and his friends and was definitely sad to leave them.  Ms. Kathy was more than happy for me to drop Everett off at preschool for a few hours.  When I picked him up in the carpool line, he had this wrapped Mother's Day present:



My Mommy by Everett, 5 years old, 2011

My Mommy's eyes are: blue, I think.

My Mommy's hair is: black

My Mommy is 31 years old.

My Mommy likes to: play with me and my sister.

My Mommy is the most pretty when: she is the prettiest she can be.

My Mommy is the funniest when: I get home from school.

My favorite thing my Mommy cooks is: rice and beans.

My Mommy's favorite color is: red.

What my Mommy does all day is: she cleans the house a lot.

My Mommy likes me to help her: do the dishwasher.

My Mommy loves me because: I am wonderful.



The best part is, aside from the eye color (seriously, Buddy?  Blue?!?), he was right on.  I am 31!  My favorite color is red!  I rock at cooking rice and beans!  I do clean up a lot!  Color me impressed that he has been that observant to know/notice the answers to those questions.

As a side note, discussing everyone's age and favorite color is something we do quite a bit whenever we're driving in the car.  It usually goes something like this:
E: "I'm 5 and Juliana's 3 and Giselle's 11 months." (which Juliana then repeats)
and then
E: "And Mommy, you're 31, but Daddy's only 30." (which again, Juliana repeats)
And then we go through cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents and their ages.  After we've exhausted ages, we then move on to colors.
E: "My favorite color is green and Juliana likes pink and purple.  Daddy likes blue and Mommy, you like red, right?"  Once I answer in the affirmative, Juliana then repeats.
Seriously folks, we go through those above conversations probably 5-10 times a day.  Don't you wish you could ride around in our car?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Two crazy lovebirds + three cute kids = The Fab Five