Giselle had a doctor's appt. a couple of weeks ago, and just as I'd suspected, the girl is a big 'un. Cute and darling, but not small or petite. She's off the charts for both height and weight and just the cutest little last child we ever could've asked for. When she was born I thought "Cool! I'll hopefully be able to use most of Juliana's old clothes for her." Even though they aren't quite on the same timeline, season-wise, that sentiment has mostly held true. What I failed to realize at the time is that Giselle is wearing Juliana's stuff about six months prior to the age when Juliana wore them.
Case in point: Juliana wore this green dress (thank you Kim!) when she was like 22-23 months. G is sporting it at barely 15 months.
Case in point #2: Juliana wore this around 19 months, as evidenced here:
(Oh my goodness gracious! I just want to eat her up! Love that girl.)
Way less hair, and not so blond, but still so cute!
In other outfit news (is this seriously where this post has digressed to?) I scored this purple beauty at Goodwill for $3. It's from Old Navy and still had the tags. Woot, woot! Juliana is in love with it, seeing as how her favorite color is "purple and pink" (as though they are one entity).
Now for something non-outfit related, I came outside yesterday afternoon to find Everett helping Giselle ride Juliana's tricycle and it was about the sweetest thing ever, so I took a billion pictures.
While Everett helped Giselle, Juliana sat on the side and played with Ariel and Cinderella. This entire scenario exemplifies all three of my kids' personalities to a "T".
Giselle's face is classic!
And finally, a funny anecdote to end this post. At church on Sunday Will and I actually got to sit next to each other. We were singing a hymn and about halfway through Will leaned over to me and said, "Is it awkward that I can hit the high notes and you can't?" hahahaha. Anyone who's had the misfortune of sitting by or near me while singing can testify that I'm not a very good singer. My range includes all of about 5 notes. I think I've improved over the years, mostly due to belting it out when I'm alone with the kids (either at the house or in the car). Will can tell whenever I've taught the kids a particular song because it tends to be either wrong, or completely off-key.
Which is why earlier today, as I was taking Juliana to a play date, and she requested "the girl song" (What's Is This Feeling? from Wicked), I turned it WAAAAY up and we sang to our hearts' content. We managed to get two playings in before I dropped her off. And guess what? I was terrible. I screeched, I was off-key and it was awesome!
Happy Tuesday!

4 comments:
that was a sweet ending to the post! i love thinking of you guys singing at the top of your lungs!
please stop doing sweet and loving posts about your children. before you know it you will be growing a heart and i will be in hell by myself.
haha! you are so cute, natalie. and everett--awesome! that is so funny. keep belting it, girl!
that first picture of the 3 of them is SO cute. they are adorable. and we love to belt out songs in the car, too. although sophie is our music nazi and dictates what it is we're listening to. i bet she would love the wicked soundtrack. (and i think we need to hang out more, what do you think?)
Post a Comment