Saturday, June 08, 2013

Our Own French Open

There are two sports I always wanted to play when I was growing up and yet, never did: soccer and tennis.  Is it any wonder that Juliana played spring soccer and is now taking summer tennis lessons?  Yeah, that's what I thought.



One of the things I love about the area in which we live is that the Parks and Rec program is extensive and inexpensive.  So when I saw tennis lessons available for Saturdays in June for a steal, I jumped on it.  I am a pro at encouraging enthusiasm and excitement and Juliana is my most excitable child, so to say she has been looking forward to this morning all week is a gross understatement.


 Between getting her a racket, a can of tennis balls, wearing her tennis shoes AND headband this morning, our gal was set.


 She's with a group of three other girls and Coach Carolyn is sweet and patient.


 Look at that form!  Look at that follow-through! (Actually, I have no idea what I'm talking about, but I assume that's what this picture is showing).



 She had so much fun and I have to admit, so did I.  She's inspiring me to pick up a racket myself and knock, "Become a totally awesome tennis player" off my bucket list.


 I love this shot.  Maria Sharapova and Serena Williams got nothin' on this chick!


5 comments:

Mom said...

I love all the pictures. Go sign up for lesson today! You will totally love playing tennis.

Emily C said...

i definitely plan on enrolling pearce in all of the sports i wanted to play but my parents never let me. and tennis is one of them.

and Juliana looks like she is AWESOME!!

heidi said...

we all need to take a 2 week vacay together that has tennis lesson, soccer and a volleyball camp.

she looks like a natural.

Jessica said...

she is so cute! i love all those pictures of her in action. we should totally find a tennis court and crash it. with all our kids. hahaha.

Amanda and Steve said...

Oh my word, that girl is so cute!

About Me

My photo
Two crazy lovebirds + three cute kids = The Fab Five