Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Decorating and Doctor's Visits

If any of you have seen Everett's room, you've probably been aghast that there's absolutely NOTHING on his walls. (Well, I suppose there are a couple of things - thanks to Will). Months and months of looking at white walls finally got to me last week and I decided to embrace my inner crafty-mommy-type.

I ventured into Hobby Lobby and became absolutely inspired. Back when I was pregnant (you know, oh so long ago) and once Will and I had decided on the name Everett, I began looking into those cute hanging letters with ribbons. Unfortunately, they were like $10 a letter and I wasn't looking to spend $70 just to spell out our son's name. Fast forward to last week when I decided to simply create my own. It was a GREAT little project for me and Will helped quite a bit. I was so excited to get them on the wall. I give you Everett's name:


And for a closeup look:

I also had a bunch of stuff from my pregnancy that I wanted to save, but wasn't quite sure what to do with since I'm really not a scapbooker. Hobby Lobby's shadow boxes were 1/2 off, so I bought one and now another wall of Everett's room is decorated.


And another closeup:

And there you have it! My creative juices flowed and there are now decorations on Everett's walls. sigh Alright, I'm tuckered out. Expect more creativity in three to six months.
MOVING ON...
Today was Everett's sixth month well-baby checkup. He weighed in at a whopping 19.3 pounds and measured 28 inches long. Both are in the 80th percentile, so he's progressing just fine. On a side note, our pediatrician is from Puerto Rico and loves soccer, so he and Will are hoping Everett turns into a great futbol player. Anyway, I actually remembered to bust out the camera, so here are some priceless pics of our little cutie.


The before.
Note Everett's hat bill. How did that happen? Good thing he seems oblivious to the fact that his mom has dressed him like a dork.




His perfect, untouched, and yes, chubby, thighs.








Reveling in his nakedness and the fun paper.
Unfortunately for Everett, all good things must come to an end.
The nurse entered and inflicted the damage.


This picture doesn't do justice to the distress and grief those shots caused him.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhhh Natalie!!!!!!

WOWOOWOWWOOWOWOWOWWOOWOW!!!
What can I say! You did it girl, good for you! I knew you could do something like that! I love it so much and am SO IMPRESSED w/ Everything! Way to go. That was smart and Very Creative to do the lettering yourself, its aweseome and makes the room so alive and fun for sure! Good job!

And the shadow box is priceless. What a perfect and great way to keep your treasures and cherish the memories. So cool and so crafty for sure. Have you thought about doing a TV show? :] And don't forget your amazing and awesome quilt you did!!!!

I'm so impressed and so happy for you! Don't let those juices stop! Save them up. I'll send you a bunch of mine because I have no time right now to be crafty and I hate it. So enjoy!

I really love those Dr. visit photos. Man, I'm thinking more of the Sumo Wrestling sport than soccer :] hee hee, he's so delicious! I can't wait to show John. What a sweet and funny post for sure, great photos! Thank you for sharing them. I think your Chunk Operation is coming right along, Wow! We can't wait to see him in all of his 'real-life-glory' someday! So cute!

Love, Chelseaaah
who write really long comments because she doesn't have time to email but can't pass up to comment, someday i'll email :] hee hee

Jessica said...

Wow! I am IMPRESSED. I always knew you had that artistic ability in you! Now, I just need to get moving on my kids room. The only thing on the wall in their room is a framed picture of Michigan's football stadium (its Scott's of course). It never made the move when we switched bedrooms. Okay now, I'm really starting to realize how lame our interior decorating is here!

lrbodine said...

Love the cute wall letters and the shadowbox! How did you make the letters?

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

I just bought wooden letters, two shades of blue paint and the yellow ribbon - cost me $8 total. What a deal, huh?!? (Oh, and a paintbrush).

Shayleen Lunt said...

80 percentile? Wow! You will soon be tempted to turn him around in his car seat! Olivia didn't weight that much until her 18 month checkup.

Emily C said...

Natalie - I have double comments to leave for your double entry. :)

First of all, I really think Everett looks like a Gilgore in the doctor office pics.

2- Love the letters!! Adorable!! and love the shadow box idea. i think that would be a fun little project.

Robyn said...

Such cute letters. You inspire me to be more crafty.

I love how cool and comfortable Everett looks in his diaper at the doctor's office. He knows it too.

heidi said...

i must agree with emily's assesment that everett looks like a kilgore in his doctors office photos. i have seen some of those same expressions elsewhere.
also, now that reagan's room is all packed up, all that i have up are nails that used to hold his name letters and his ronald reagan picture.
finally, the shadow boxes are very clever!

About Me

My photo
Two crazy lovebirds + three cute kids = The Fab Five