Monday, May 15, 2006

Taking the Next Step

Since Everett has conquered the rice cereal cuisine, and since Mom gave the go-ahead, Dad was SUPER excited to introduce something new to Everett's culinary palette. One order of green beans coming right up!

He's one smart cookie - he knows something's up

Behold, your green beans!


Despite what this face looks like, he really did enjoy them.


And so he kept right on eating...



A few days later, unbeknownst to Mom, Dad let Everett have a go at feeding himself. Everett decided to buck tradition and treat rice cereal and green beans as finger foods. I give you Everett's first go at feeding himself:

For those who can't quite see what a mess he is, here's a close-up:



Pretty gross stuff, huh? I especially like the way the food glistens underneath Everett's left eye. Truly a culinary masterpiece. Thanks Dad!

2 comments:

Shayleen Lunt said...

That is true talent if he can already feed himself! Did any make it into the mouth?:) He's getting too big too fast! We need to get together!

Anonymous said...

Oh man! Another hilarious post! I can't get over those close up-wide eye shots! Such a happy and funny expression. I love them!

This feeding fenzy is so funny. I think the greenbeans are going to be another big hit! I think Everett is going to grow up just like a bean pole too-so fast and tall! Wowzeers!

These make me laugh! So cute!

Love, Chelseaah

About Me

My photo
Two crazy lovebirds + three cute kids = The Fab Five