Saturday, September 09, 2006

Sleepy Time is All the Time

Will and I have been extremely fortunate in that Everett absolutely LOVES to sleep. As a shower present I received the book Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. It is awesome! I highly recommend it to any parent, especially those with children who don't seem to be sleeping well. I've tried to be diligent about Everett's sleep schedule and the combination of my diligence and his natural propensity to sleep have developed the following scenario:

Wake Up Time: 6:30 a.m. - 8 a.m.
1st nap: 2-2.5 hours after wake up time
2nd nap: 3-3.5 hours after wake up from 1st nap
3rd nap: Sometimes - usually 3 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Bedtime: 5:45 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
We certainly are lucky to have such a good sleeper on our hands - a fact that almost everyone who hears about how much Everett sleeps is quick to point out. We snuck in on our favorite little guy last week because he'd been asleep over 2 and 1/2 hours (his 1st nap) and while we love him to sleep, sometimes errands need to be run. When we crept into his room, this is what we saw:


In his favorite sleeping position: In the far corner of his crib, on his stomach, hands under his tummy, bum in the air. Doesn't look very comfortable, but this is the positon we find him in 99% of the time.



We love you Mr. Sleeps-All-Night-And-Half-The-Day-Too!

2 comments:

heidi said...

we are also bum in the air sleepers! well, reagan, not me. can't complain when they are sleeping so well!

Robyn said...

Sweet sleeping Everett! Love it!

Jacob too is a bum in the air sleeper. Maybe they're all just practicing yoga in their sleep. But seriously, can you imagine sleeping the night like that? Ouch!

I love, love, love that book. I think Dr. Weissbluth should win a prize for such genius. Pure, sleep inducing genius.

About Me

My photo
Two crazy lovebirds + three cute kids = The Fab Five