Wednesday, February 28, 2007

A Welcomed Addition

Sorry for the lack of posts recently. I've been waiting until today because I wanted to have a picture to go along with this post. We are so thrilled to announce that we are expecting a new addition to our family!! I am 10 weeks pregnant and the EDD is September 25th. We couldn't be happier and even though Will wants a boy, I know he'll be happy with a girl as well. Here's the first photo of our little muchkin. We saw the heartbeat and if you look closely, you can see it's hands and feet. At one point during the ultrasound, I swear he/she waved to us! It was a neat moment, especially since Will and Everett were there as well.


Pregnancy this time has been so different for me. Everett's pregnancy was an absolute breeze. No sickness, no nausea, no nothing. I haven't been as lucky this time around. I've had tons of nausea and there's even been vomitting as well (Which I'm really bummed about since I was going on quite the record for not vomitting - since 8th grade!). I'm looking forward to a smoother 2nd trimester, so keep your fingers crossed for me.

So now you're in on our good news! Any tips on handling two children vs. one would be greatly appreciated! Also, any name suggestions for girls, since between the two of us we've only come up with one that we even remotely like, and we're disagreeing on the spelling. Boys names we're set with, but girls?!? Yikes!

PS - And I would be remiss if I didn't give a birthday shoutout to one of my favorite gals, Jessica. Happy 27th!!! I'm always glad when Jessica's birthday rolls around since, for some reason, it doesn't make me feel so old anymore. I hope Scott and the kiddos treat you well today!!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nat! I am happy for you. It looks like a happy little bean to me!! I have to tell you from my experience of two, it is a little adjustment at first but it is SOOOO much easier! My two play together and love to just be together. Mason can't get enough of Morgan and he gets so sad when she has to take a nap. So I think it is easier to be out numbered!! Love ya have a happy pregnancy. P.S. I throw up about 4 times a day for the first 3 months so look at the silver lining...you lose a little weight at the beginning! That is how I like to look at it!

Kristen said...

Natalie, I dont know if youll remember me, but its Kristen Harris (Whelan as you'd remember). Your blog is on Janets site, so I look at it from time to time. Just wanted to say congrats on the pregnancy! And I threw up the first 6 months of my pregnancy, so I have sympathy for you! But then you get to hold a cute little baby at the end!

Natalie Putnam said...

Congrats Natalie. It is very cool that you and Paula are both expecting at the same time. Hopefully you both have the same gender. I have to say that I was way sicker with Kenzie. They say that people are usually sicker with their girls. So, I guess you will have to wait and see if thats true! I hope to see lots of maternity pictures!

Natalie

heidi said...

i was hoping the lack of posts was in anticipation of this MAJOR announcement! congrats!
as far as names go...you'll have to give me some time to compile a list but off the top of my head, cookie!!! because the ultrasound looks a bit like a gingerbread baby!
ps-i actually grew up with a girl named cookie. i know that you would never injure your child permanently with a name like that!

julie said...

congratulations!! so happy to have another addition to the fam! hang in there, natalie. the sick days will pass, even if it's not until delivery. and having 2 can be crazy, but if you can convince yourself to relax, it will be easier. things just won't be like they were with only one, and if you can accept that and roll with it, you'll be fine. it's so wonderful to have a new member join the family. woo hoo!

Anonymous said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
I can't believe it!!!! WOW-w/ three fingers by the side of my mouth! :] I guess drinking the water in Utah did the trick huh?
Just joking.
Wow, huge congrats and best wishes. Its very exciting and will be awesome for your family. I was wondering why you hadn't posted much and I'm sooo glad you did. I think the little tyke is cute already. And he's/she's getting a close cousin too!?!!?!? That's even better. They will LOVE that! Wowzeers!
I really hope you get feeling better fast and that everything goes better. Hang in there, I know it will be a big adjustment but its totally worth it and so cool. Everett is going to love it! Way cool! Thanks for the news!

Lots of Love & Best Wishes,
Cheleaaaaaahhhhh :]
p.s i like the names: chelsea, moriah, clarisse :) hee hee (my sisters!) we like nora too though, its sweet! i'll keep thinking for you but you guys already are doing a good job and are way considerate of the future playground bullies!

Emily C said...

YEA!!! congrats! that sucks though that you've been throwing up, etc. thats no fun. but i'm way excited that you are adding to your cute little family! i know what you mean about it being hard picking out baby names, i've been searchign recently for cool names, and its hard to find one that you love and that your hubby will sign off on as well. i've even googled "cajun names" to get ideas. i've foudn some pretty interesting stuff in some of my wacky searches.

i name i like that jeremy doesn't b/c it was his dog's name growing up is Sadie. I think it is so cute!

Jensen Fam said...

Congrats again! I've been keeping my lips sealed since we saw you guys at Melissa's wedding! So sorry you are sick. I was there too and had it bad with Abby. Maybe girls do make you sicker? My keys to some relief - i sucked on lemon heads non stop. I probably have a few cavities from it but the sour helped counteract the upset stomach for a brief moment. I had to keep food in my stomach non-stop which was challenging b/c nothing sounds good when you are so sick! Lots of fluids b/c there is nothing worse than throwing up w/o much fluid to help out. :) Gross I know. I'm sure you've already figured out a few tricks as well. And as far as two kids go - it is just twice as much fun! I thought it was impossible to love another baby just as much as the first but it is and its amazing! The first month was probably a little crazy but Abby is 3 months old now and we are trucking along quite well and have found a really good schedule. Everett will be elated to have a buddy to play with and life does seem to be easier somehow?! Congrats again and congrats to Will on his internship!!

Emily C said...

Hey Girl - I've been doing some research online for some baby names for you that I thought you either might like, or give you inspiration for a name you like better... I know you like names that aren't in the spotlight and that are a bit unique but still really cool.
anyways, here goes nothing. You don't have to like any of them, but I would like to know what you think about them...

Boys:
Owen
Ian
Zayne
Brennan

Girls:
Trinity
Kendall
Alexa
Giselle
Gabriella
Clara
Rachel
Zoe
Savannah
AVery
MAdeline
Alivia
Wendy
Daphne

lrbodine said...

Congrats!! And how fun that you and Paula will both be having babies close together. I'll have to think about names. But considering we didn't have our name until after she was born . .. I might not be much help!

Shanna said...

Congrats (again) Nat and family! This is so exciting ... I can't wait to see you next week. Hopefully the throwing up will subside for your trip to DC :) Love ya!!!

Anonymous said...

You're lil alien is adorable! I want to venture a guess that you giggled when you saw the ultrasound and got a lil teary. that is amazing, that alien is gonna bring you so much happiness-but i think you already knew that one...i love the pics on your blog by the way, you are freaking photogenic! (thought you would appreciate the alliteration). congrats again! later tater~

Anonymous said...

congrats!! i'm so excited for y'all! working in the nicu at dekalb, i can definitely help you with unique names-who knows, maybe one will be it! we've had baby amyracle, baby R'moni (pronounced like armani), baby tranessa (she had a twin sister named vanessa), baby nevaeh ( heaven spelled backwards), baby anusti (pronounced honesty) baby phonetip, and baby l'il chaka. i'll keep you posted on any other names i come across. : ) ps--i love our "pyne" tile-it's in our family room!

Emily Christiansen said...

I am so excited for you! Congratulations.

Jessica said...

congrats again! what are the names you DO agree on? are you going to post them, and what is the girl's name with alternate spellings you can't agree on? come on now, you can't leave us in suspense like that!

thanks for the birthday shout out. sorry its taking me so long to respond. i'm exhausted. i don't have time for anything these days. hopefully the timing of your feeling better with this pregnancy will coincide with when i finally get the hang of life with 3 children and i'll be able to give you a call! love ya, jessica

About Me

My photo
Two crazy lovebirds + three cute kids = The Fab Five