only 5 more Sundays until he goes into Nursery!!) and becoming quite the little man. He can say apple, diaper, Dad and every now and then I swear he says Mama. He LOVES to wear shoes and is currently obsessed with a blue and red velcro pair from Target. He has been known to go down for naps with the shoes on, as well as in hand. It's gotten to the point where I sometimes hide the shoes so I don't have to fiddle with him wanting them on, then off, then on again. His shoe obsession extends to Will and me too. Every morning he runs to get Will's shoes for him and if I'm going around barefoot, he'll find my flip-flops, bring them to me and won't leave me alone until I've put them on.Everett has been a one-nap man for about four months now, but it has just been in the last couple of weeks that he's started taking that one nap in the afternoon. He hung on to the morning for as long as he could, but now he's going down between noon and one, which has been absolutely lovely for me.
The weather here has been gorgeous for the entire month of March, so we've been spending many an afternoon at the park. E loves the kiddie swing and climbing up the slide on his feet (with Mom's help, naturally) and then sliding back down, feet first, on his tummy. I can't begin to tell you how much joy this way of sliding has brought him. Everett also enjoys any type of ball. Soccer ball, baseball, golf ball, oversized basketballs. He thinks they are the bees knees and his face lights up whenever he's within a 50 ft radius of a ball.
Our little guy has also been reading up a storm. I must admit, I've been really anxious for him to show some kind of interest in books, and now that he has, I'm day-dreaming of the time when we'll have juvenile fiction books in our home (Juvenile fiction is only some of the greatest reading ever!!). Some of my favorite childhood memories are of reading some great juvenile fiction. Anyway, E's favorites these days are "Thomas and the School Trip", "Clifford the Big, Red Dog", "Zoom, Zoom, Zoom, I'm Off to the Moon!" and "Dr. Seuss's ABC Book". I almost have all of the Thomas book and the Clifford book memorized, thank you very much! Who says your memory goes down the toliet when you get pregnant and have kids??
And perhaps what is definitely signifying that Everett is growing up

11 comments:
At least he has some good Church reading material as he gets down to business:). I too have experienced the wrath of the shoe obsession Everett has and it makes me laugh.
That is absolutely the cutest kid I have ever seen. And that is my unbiased opinion.
Signed,
Everetts Dad
love the pictures! how funny. i can't believe he's almost going into nursery. it seems like it was just yesterday that i got the call that he was born! and there's nothing like another little one coming to make the other seem even BIGGER.
He is so adorable. Good luck with the nursery thing. Dean is almost 2 1/2 and he still wont go. It seems to be the on going battle on sundays.
he is SOOO big! in my mind he is still a baby! the shoe thing cracks me up! plus, i can completely relate! i have been "forced" to walk around in some pretty bizarre shoe combinations.
ps-hooray for nursery. i guess that second and third hour of church really are for learning! who knew?
What a great update! Since Olivia and I have been in nursery for almost two years now, I will be excited to hear all about it in just five short weeks. Sounds like potty training is on the horizon?
Shoes!!! I mean really what did ya'll expect with the child...look at his mom and aunt. Case closed.
Everett is a handsome little guy! And I'm so impressed that he will find and bring you your flip flops when he sees you are barefoot. what a smart kid!
Hey girl! Congrats on NO. 2! That is AWESOME! Ok, so this time for REAL we have to get together. What is your schedule like next week during spring break?
He is so adorable! What a good lookin' kid.
That is hilarious!!! I can't believe him! Wow :] That's really funny too about the whole shoe thing-hee hee. What a comic. I just couldn't believe his picture though!!! He's changed sooo much! I think he's got tons more hair and its lighter. It was so great to see him and read about you all. I hope you are feeling great and enjoying the gorgeous spring! Best of luck w/ everything!
Love, Chelsea
Post a Comment