Thursday, May 10, 2007

And the Verdict is...

We had our 20 week doctor's appointment today. You know, THE super, duper, muy importante appointment when you can find out the sex of the little one. Everything looked great and I was pretty proud of myself since I recognized what it was before being told. That's right folks...


We are just beyond thrilled and so glad that she looks healthy. She was a feisty little thing, literally doing somersaults in there. My only concern is that she's measuring a bit big (already 15 ounces! Yeah, that's a tad on the big side. Normally at this time they should measure about 10 ounces). I had a C-section with Everett and if this gal gets to be too big, they might make me have another one. Yikes!
So, here we go! We're going to have one of each and it's going to be great! I already have visions of all the pink, red, yellow, purple frilly things we can put on our little gal. Plus the bows and ribbons, cute shoes and of course, pierced ears (it's a Latin thing). I would love to hear some name suggestions though. We think we've got one, but I'm curious to see if one of you mentions something else we like. And no worries, I'll definitely let you know what we've decided as soon as we know (Will and I aren't very good about keeping secrets)!
Yea for little girls!

15 comments:

Natalie Putnam said...

CONGRATS Natalie!!! Little Girls ROCK!

Sorry, no name ideas here. We had the hardest time finding a name for our little girl. But, cant wait to here what you come up with!

Emily C said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's the year of the girls. How exciting! Muy Congrats!! What about Willow for girl name?

Emily C said...

And I love your new blog template!!! Where did you find that!!??

lrbodine said...

Congrats!! It seems like everyone I know right now is having girls. :) I can't tell you how much fun I have buying clothes and putting Eliza in cute dresses. I'm going to a class next week so I can learn how to make bows and bracelets for her.

Rob and I didn't pick a name until after she was born so I'm not much help. I do really like names like Brooke, Olivia, etc.

Robyn said...

Congratulations! What wonderful news! I'm so excited for you guys. Unfortunately, I have no names because I am girl-name deficient. Can't wait to hear what you pick!

Robyn said...

And, super cute template! Very springy and sweet.

Shanna said...

Soooooooooooooooo fun!!! I'm so excited for you to have a little girl :) And Everett will love having a little sister. That's so awesome. If I think of any good names I'll let you know ... and I also love your new blog template. The polka dots are darling! Congrats!!

Christina said...

Congrats Nat, one of each - you are homefree from here!

Nathan said...

Congratulations Will and Natalie! We are so excited for you both. And for Everett to have a sweet baby sister. So much fun!

heidi said...

i am absolutely PLEASED AS PUNCH that you are planning on piercing her ears. i am planning the same. but saying it's a midwestern thing just isn't as impressive as saying it's a latin thing.
of course you already know my name suggestion. it is actually one of your own suggestions from many moons ago in provo. do you recall that conversation? it was either georgia or savannah. my vote is for the latter.

Anonymous said...

AHHH I knew it! I just has a feeling it was going to be a girl! Maybe I have intuition for all, i could make it into a career! Congratulation I am sooooo thrilled for you. Girls are so very much fun. Hey you should name her Willamina...naming after dads is really hot right now! ;)

Kristen said...

Natalie, I am so excited for you guys. A bit jealous, I am already wanting another baby! (Dont worry it will be a bit). I love the suggestions for you to name your girl Savannah or Georgia. They both seem to fit your family well!! I love the name Kinley, or MaKinley... Sariah, Larkin, Kyra, Ellianna is so cute, Morgan, Chalet, Samantha, Blakely (I've heard it once before, and liked it)...I could go on and on. Speaking of being jealous... HOW did you do that template? I am constantly wanting something different, and I don't know how to do things like you scrapbookers!! Fill me in on your little secret. Anyway, CONGRATS!!!!! I look forward to pics!

Hilary said...

Hooray! It is so fun to have one of each. I always think it is nice for a little girl to have a big brother to be protected by. I am so excited for you.

Emily C said...

Happy Mother's Day Natalie!!

Jessica said...

yay! girls are fun. okay, here's my favorite name(s) for little baby giddens.

lillian or lily
chloe
raquel
and bernice

(j/k on the last one)

About Me

My photo
Two crazy lovebirds + three cute kids = The Fab Five