Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Ch-ch-changes

I do realize that by putting two or three weeks between posts that I'm losing a vast majority of my blog readers (not that I'm entirely sure I had that many to begin with!). My excuse? We've simply had a lot going on in our household during the past couple of weeks. Our biggest piece of news is that we're moving!! It's not a permanent move, but we're excited nonetheless. We're actually moving in with my parents until we figure out where we want to live next. Seeing as how we pretty much live in the ghetto now, and our lease is up, Will preferred for his wife, son and daughter to live in a place with less of a chance of the following:
* A break-in

* A shooting

* A death (Seriously, they found a dead guy about a mile from our apartment)

* General "shady" people wandering about at all hours of the day and night
My parents are gracious enough to let us stay with them, which is a huge blessing and means we don't have to sign another lease here. So now, we're in the throws of packing and getting ready to move. With Will working full-time now and sometimes into the evenings (It's after 7 and he's not home yet), this move has fallen basically to me, the 27-week pregnant woman. And I, of course, enlisted the help of my mom and Paula (the 30-week pregnant woman). Needless to say, we're an amazing team. We take breaks often and there's lots of grunting when one of us has done too much bending over. Plus, add in the Everett factor and I hope I've painted a pretty accurate picture for you. My goal is for us to be completely packed by Friday morning, with moving day being Saturday. Here's a look at our progress/diaster area (whichever way you want to look at it):


Everett finding a creative use for the as-yet-unused boxes.


Um, yep these two photos should give you a pretty darn accurate look at the mess we're dealing with. Honestly though, we made a lot of progress today and I'm hoping tomorrow is even better.

And for a bit of fun, check out the quiz below. I have to give Heidi props for this one, since she put it on her blog first. For all of you Jane Austen fans out there, definitely give it a whirl!
I am Elizabeth Bennet!

9 comments:

Jessica said...

moving sucks! i don't envy you that at all. at least when we moved in with my in-laws i was only at the end of the first trimester. y'all are troopers!

and i took that quiz and it said i was elinor dashwood. would you agree with that?

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Hmm, I would agree with some parts of you being Elinor, but you DEFINITELY have much more personality, wit and liveliness to you than Elinor does!

lrbodine said...

So where is your Elders Quorum? I would say this is the perfect excuse to be a recipient of a service project from the ward!! 2 pregnant women SHOULD NOT be packing and moving. Although I think it's great that get to live with your parents until you decide where to move to next!

Lindsay said...

I hate moving. Good luck with everything. I know you three can do it!

Emily C said...

I agree with Lachelle - where are your home teachers, visiting teachers, RS presidency, elders quorum?? Surely you have helped out MANY ppl at church your entire lives that you can rely on that same kind of help.

That picture of Everrett leaning on the boxes was too cute!

Good luck with moving day!

Shayleen Lunt said...

Hehe - I had to smile at the comments asking where the people from church are. I don't think 75% of the people in the ward would enter the apartment complex out of fear. jk
Best of luck with the move. You know we would help if we still lived there. No, we would be mad that you were leaving if we still lived there and so we probably wouldn't help.
Anyhoo - You and Will are very driven and can make anything happen!

Jensen Fam said...

Ah...I hear your woes! All of our moving trips (out of our apartment, in with family, in with another family, and then into our house) were done while I was very pregnant with Dallin! So sorry but glad you have help! And what could be a better team than your mom and sister to help you pack - you should be able to find everything quite easily, unlike a bunch of men helping out. :) Enjoy the time with your parents - it will be fun! And keep us posted on what you decide to do! Covington is a nice area. Melissa C. has decided to join us out here as well - join the masses!

Mindy said...

Nat you get a gold star. I just spent the last week reorganizing closets, pantries, storage areas, etc and that about put me over the edge at 30 weeks pregnant with a toddler. No where near the energy it takes to move. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Ahh! Its me finally!!! So sorry about not leaving any comments for such a long time! I love all of your posts and am very impressed w/ your awesome home improvements projects-yeah! They look so wonderful. Your trip to TX sounded very eventful and fun, I'm glad you girls and boy could go.

And moving again!?!?!?!!? Hee hee hee, I had to just laugh and laugh at Shayleen's comment about the ward. That is soo hilarious & true ;] You girls are so tough. I hope it all worked out and you are getting settled. I'm so sorry the place turned into a ghetto-SCARY!!! and sorry that we couldn't help you either. So did you FINALLY leave PTC Ward or will you going back!?!?!? Whoa! Sad, sad, but I guess it had to happend sometime. Wow.
Best of luck w/ figuring things out and enduring the summer. Have fun and catch up w/ you later!

Love, Chelseaaaaah

About Me

My photo
Two crazy lovebirds + three cute kids = The Fab Five