It was a good trip, even considering the 18-hour car ride both ways. We saw Grandma, who will turn 89 this November, as well as the other big sites of Eldorado (ie, the water tower, the snow cone lady, the library, the gas station, the cemetary AND the big FLDS compound that Warren Jeffs' followers have set up just outside of town. Exciting times, I tell ya!).
In other Giddens family news, Will is really enjoying his job at MassMutual. He's as excited as can be and is super busy following leads and drumming up business. It's actually pretty inspiring to see him so satisfied by his career choice. Of my very brief stint in the working world, I was never half as content and excited about my job as Will is about being a financial professional.
I'm doing great too. I'm 25 weeks pregnant and I feel like September 24th will be here in the blink of an eye. We've officially decided to name our little gal Juliana Brooks (pronounced AWNA, not ANNA). Brooks is actually a family name on my paternal side and on Will's materal side, so we feel good about knocking out just about every limb of the family tree with her name.
And the little guy is too cute. He has so much personality and although he doesn't actually say much (at least not much that's decipherable), he definitely communicates. His latest loves are the movie "Shrek 2" and spaghetti. He's also a sucker for peppermint candies and my old baby blanket. Go figure.

8 comments:
Love the name! I can't believe how big your little guy is. He definitely looks more like a toddler now for sure!
Love the name choice! I'm sure September will be here so fast.
love it! i bet your mom loves it too! will she being wearing lots of RED? may i call her who-liana? that is a GREAT name. not that you need my endorsement!
I never knew any part of Texas was 18 hours away! What troopers to have a road trip/vacation with so much drive time. I also like the name. You and Will work great together to come up with 1 name this far in advance...unlike some people I know...hmmm?
Glad you made it back to the ATL safely!
That name is so cute!! I can't wait till she's here - it will be here before you know it though. I don't have to tell you how fast time flies (ok maybe not when you're pregnant, that's one area I can't say that I know!)
Julia -AWNA - what a fancy little name. pretty!! It goes well with Everrett.
HAve a great summer!!
Cute pics. Cute name. Cute cute. Thanks for the updates. Hope the pregnancy is going well. I actually miss being prego. Maybe soon...
Natalie, thanks so much for commenting on my blog. My aunt gives me little updates now and then, but it's nice to get some info first hand, see pictures of your son (what a cutie!), etc.
Post a Comment