Monday, June 30, 2008

Top Dogs

This is a Monday for the Giddens Family Recordbook! Which reminds me, Will, I think we should start a Giddens Family Recordbook. We NEED to document monumental days such as today. I'll have all of blog world know that we (meaning the kids and I) were dressed, bathed (both Everett and then me), fed, cleaned, my hair was blown dry and make up on, and Juliana had taken her first nap ALL BEFORE 11 a.m. And as if that wasn't enough for me to feel like I could actually be in the running for the Mom-of-the-Year award, I now have BOTH of the kiddos down for a nap. At the same time! In the same room! It's days like today that I honestly feel like I'm soooo on top of my game. So in honor of me being so great today (trust me, this is a only a one-day triumph. More like only a couple of hours triumph), I thought I'd list some other folks who are really on top of their game.

1) With the upcoming Olympic games, I thought it appropriate to give props to swimmer Ryan Lochte. Ok, honestly, I haven't the first clue about swimming. Other than it looks like an amazing workout and I'm pretty terrible at it. And other than Michael Phelps and Gary Hall Jr., I couldn't really tell you much about famous swimmers either. But last night we were watching the U.S. Trials out of Omaha and oh my goodness Ryan Lochte is a hottie! He's the one in the middle in the picture. Yeah, that one. He didn't finish first in the event I watched, but as long as he makes it on the team and swims in Beijing come August, I'm one happy gal.





2) Those engineers at Dyson are really on to something with this ball vacuum. I haven't yet tried it, but when I first saw the commercial I thought, "Gosh, it seems so simple. Why hasn't anyone thought of this before?" It's gotten great reviews, it's light-weight and compact. As if vacuuming needed to be any more fun than it already is (I'm serious now. I love to vacuum!). You'd better believe next time we're vacuum shopping I'm definitely vying for this bad boy.
3) I'm a fan of the Food Network. I like most of the shows and some of those recipes are just plain awesome. Also, I practically majored in Broadcast Journalism at BYU (I changed my last semester to Print Journalism). Anyway, there's a gal named Kelsey Nixon who is a BYU Broadcast Journalism grad and is one of the 10 finalists on "The Next Food Network Star". She is totally cute and is doing really well! I'm definitely pulling for her because how neat would that be for a fellow alumna to be on the Food Network? Uh, yeah!
I'd go on with a few more things, but Juliana is now up from her nap. It looks like my mommy duties are a-calling. Wish me luck that when bedtime comes my good fortune will continue!

10 comments:

lrbodine said...

Props to you for getting all of that done before 11. I'm up at 6 and we're lucky to be dressed by 2! :)

And I agree on the swimmer guy! I watched the time trials last night and thought the same thing.

And I did't realize that girl on The Next Food Network star was a BYU girl. I'm addicted to that show and thought she was so cute and fun (although a little over the top the first couple of shows).

Emily C said...

you crack me up!! it is rare for me to blow dry or put make up on for days that i don't go to work.

melanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SHANNA said...

you are so funny and i am with you on the whole watching the swimmer! WOWWEE!! he is a looker. if you get that vacuum and it actually works and doesn't break after the first few uses, let me know. i am in the market for a good one. i always seem to break mine. i love the food network channel and i KNEW that girl was mormon! how funny. you are so on top of things!!

Hannah S said...

I'm totally supporting Kelsey! We love that show!

klonghall said...

Congrats on the great "Mom Day"! Those kinds of days are priceless. My kids are much bigger, and I often don't have a shower by 11.

BWei said...

Hi Natalie! It was great to get your comment on my blog. Your family is beautiful and it's great to catch up a little on you guys. I also got a post from Paula, but I couldn't access her profile--does she have a blog as well? And seriously, congrats on having your game on--getting dressed, both kids down at the same time (wow), etc.--I wish I had more days when I felt on top of my game. Take care!

Rachel said...

I have never watched that show on food network, but i did watch "kelsey's kitchen" on the byu channel when i lived in ut. and i tried some of her recipes. now i will have to start watching!

Sarah S said...

Holy cow natalie, I didn't shower today until 3:00. and it was so hot in my condo that I couldn't bear to dry it - I went for braids instead. You are awesome to get so much accomplished and get your kids on the same afternoon nap schedule - good job!!!

TheMommason said...

I'll tell Ryan's Mom when she gets back from China lol she is my ds's after school program director. She was his first coach and a medal hopeful till a prank snapped her knee.

About Me

My photo
Two crazy lovebirds + three cute kids = The Fab Five