Everett's Tips For a Successful First Day of Kindergarten:
1) Get up early. For example, if your school starts at, oh I don't know, 7:40, then an hour and 40 minutes should do the trick.
2) Make your bed. Even if it is the top bunk. If you're old enough to go to school, you are old enough to make your bed.
3) Eat a healthy-ish breakfast. This Kindergartner requested, and was granted, homemade green pancakes. With homemade buttermilk syrup (thank you Tara!)
4) Dress for success. Selecting your outfit the night before is a great morning timesaver as you have plenty of time to debate the merits of blue shorts vs. khaki shorts. Even if Mom is a proponent of khaki, discussing your attire the night before increases your likelihood of being able to go with the blue.
5) Pack your lunch and your backpack the night before. And remember, regardless of new clothes or bags, never forget you are more than meets the eye.
6) In an effort to learn about proper displays of affection, don't forget a hug and a chokehold are not one in the same. Make sure potential receivers know the difference.
7) Show some love to those you're leaving behind, even if they ACT like they don't want to be touched.
8) Be excited! Kindergarten is full of fun stuff!
9) After a long, grueling day in Kindergarten, you deserve a special first day dinner treat.
10) And E's final tip for successful Kindergarten-ing? Have your parents finally, FINALLY hang up the bulletin board in your room so you have the perfect showcase for your artwork.

8 comments:
Love this! Hooray for your cute kindergartner.
he looks so happy and excited! how cute. i'm glad his first day was a success!
Did your mom snag J's outfit @ the clothing fest? I donated about 6 huge bags of Abby's clothes & that was one of the outfits I sent!
@Kim - YES! That's exactly where we got that outfit. My mom kept an eye out for things for us while she was sorting through things. How funny!
And PS - is that outfit an outfit or pjs? Juliana and I have gone back and forth on whether or not she can wear it to bed... :-)
I think it's an outfit bc it's a heavier cotton than pjs. Abby never really liked that outfit, for reasons that I never understood. So, it's barely been used. I got it at a consignment sale somewhere. I took a ton of clothes in sizes 4, 5 & 6. Chances are, you may have more of Abby's clothes, which would make me very happy. It's hard to part w/ the really cute stuff, but I had to convince myself that someone else would love them, too.
very cute. i'm glad E's first day of school was a success. Is it just me, or is E really tall? Did Juliana miss him all day long?
pizza? you really do love those kids!
and tell that juliana that love hurts.
(i'll try this again-didn't work the 1st time)
Yeehawww for the first day of school already!!! Wow, I'm behind the times still, but loved your last couple of posts! I really loved the 'watering the flowers' one-so dang funny!
Super exciting about the 1st day of school! So glad it was such a blast and huge hit! Wow, where is time going? I hope the school year is still going awesome and that everyone is happy! Best of wishes and hope to catch up soon!
Love, Chelsea
p.s. i just had to write because I loved the last photo and that lovely little stitchery in the corner!!! :] so cute!!!!!!!
Post a Comment