Thursday, February 16, 2006

Vibrating by the Seat of His Pants

On the advice of our friends the Lunts, we registered for, and received a vibrating/bouncy rocker/chair. Everett has LOVED this chair since pretty much day one. It's a great chair because it has little animals hanging in front of him and the cow even plays a little melody (when you pull the cord). Everett will chill in this chair day or night, full tummy or empty (well, not too empty), sleepy or awake. Basically, the kid digs the chair.


Happy to be in his favorite chair

Concentrating intently on his friend, Mr. Pig


But our greatest source of pride concerning Everett and this chair is that today, February 16th, 2006 (By the way, happy 24th birthday Aunt Paula!) Everett pulled the cow's cord and played the music ALL BY HIMSELF!!! He's gotten close on numerous occasions, but today was THE day when all of his hard work paid off. Since I was a bit slow to capture the moment in real time, I had Everett pose in the same position, for your viewing pleasure.




Oh the joy! Our little boy is growing up right before our very eyes.

*As a side note, both Paula and Logan can attest that Mom was WAY more excited about this event than Everett. Mom's not even sure Everett realized what we did, but it sure did make Mom's day. Ahh, simple pleasures...*

3 comments:

Shayleen Lunt said...

Okay, picture #2 & 6 are the best. I can't get enough of that smile! I also had no idea we gave such advice! I'm glad Everett is enjoying his chair as much as Olivia has enjoyed hers (she still rocks her baby in it nearly every day). Do those toys velcro on to the arch? If so, watch out! The day will soon come when all those toys will easily be pulled off and thrown on to the floor.......

Robyn said...

I love your chair too. I wish I'd realized, when we were registering, the long-term advantages to the bouncer/rocker. Veeery handy. Shayleen's got the gear and the good advice!

That smile is so adorable. Such cute dimples! I think he gets how cute he is. Especially those last two pictures. He's workin' it.

heidi said...

we spent many days, nights, naps, showers, feedings and spoon fed meals in that chair. i think there must be something similar to it in heaven for all these babies to enjoy it so much!

About Me

My photo
Two crazy lovebirds + three cute kids = The Fab Five