The first tile is a wedding present for my friend, Melissa, who's getting hitched in THREE days!!! I really hope she likes the gift. I think it's cute, personal and looks (key word) like I spent a lot of time/effort/cash on it. What do you think?
Wednesday, January 31, 2007
Crafty is As Crafty Does
As some of you may know, one of my goals for 2007 is to become a bit more crafty. The first thing I decided to tackle was vinyl-lettering, which I learned is all the rage in Utah. Anyway, these are my first two projects and I'm pretty excited about them, so I decided what better way to showcase them than to blog about them??
The first tile is a wedding present for my friend, Melissa, who's getting hitched in THREE days!!! I really hope she likes the gift. I think it's cute, personal and looks (key word) like I spent a lot of time/effort/cash on it. What do you think?

And while I was at it, I couldn't resist crafting one for myself. I chose a green color since I'm trying to pull my living room together somehow!

I still have two more vinyl-letting projects to do, but this time I'm going to use a wooden board. Expect to see pictures of those masterpieces coming soon!
The first tile is a wedding present for my friend, Melissa, who's getting hitched in THREE days!!! I really hope she likes the gift. I think it's cute, personal and looks (key word) like I spent a lot of time/effort/cash on it. What do you think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Will and Natalie Giddens
- Two crazy lovebirds + three cute kids = The Fab Five
9 comments:
Love them! Okay, if you didn't spend a lot of $$, where did you get your vinyl lettering? (Hansens?)
I spent a total of $10 on the gift. $8 for the lettering and $2 for the tile. There are some local ladies who are selling the lettering for relatively cheap. If anyone is interested, check out their web site: www.expressionsbyck.com
oooohhh! those look really awesome. i like how it looks on the tile. i can't wait to see the other projects!
So coooool - I had no idea that is what you meant by vinyl lettering. It looks really nice. Great Idea.
I think they look great! Vinyl lettering is huge here too. One of my good friends even has her own equipment to make the stuff. I haven't tried it but I've thought about getting a vinyl phrase to put up on the nursery wall . .. we'll see though!
i have never even heard of vinyl lettering...and I live in Utah (I must be out of it) so are they stickers or something? I am confused how it works and I want one for myself :)
Yeah, it's basically a sticker (a heavy/strong sticker) that you can put on pretty much any surface. It'll only stick once though and if you want to take it off, you grab a hair dryer and it peels off, but then you can't use it again. Some folks put it on walls, like Lachelle mentioned. I've heard of a lot of Enrichment groups doing it. I'm actually trying to get my ward's Enrichment group to do a project or two. The gals I worked with were awesome though since they had something like 400 different fonts and colors. You should TOTALLY try it! There's also another web site that Jessica told me about: www.uppercaseliving.com. But you might find that they're a tad expensive.
you have inspired me to make one for my bathroom. it will say:
"put the freakin' seat down! what is this place, a barn?"
i think that would be nice all in cursive.
they look great and like something that i would actually finish.
these are really neat g-nat! i was just in utah and things like this are all the craze... you could start a trend out there!
Post a Comment