Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Natalie's 100 Things

Since I've had so much fun reading everyone else's 100 Things, I thought I'd share 100 Things of my own. Enjoy! (And yes, I thought coming up with 100 things about me was difficult!)

1) I'm 50% Mexican and no, I'm not fluent in Spanish
2) Growing up I played softball and basketball


3) I took piano for 4 painful years and have never regretted quitting
4) My favorite food is rice
5) I’m the 2nd child in my family, but the oldest girl
6) I’ve never broken a bone
7) I’m extremely clumsy
8) During my junior year of high school, I was 2nd runner-up in my school's beauty pageant


9) I played basketball in high school
10) I was on the TV announcements in high school for two years
11) I had my wisdom teeth out at age 12
12) Strawberries are my favorite fruit

13) I LOVE to sleep!
14) I was a published author by age 9
15) I’ve always wanted to be blonde
16) Growing up, I always wanted braces and used to pretend my gum was a retainer.
17) I still would like glasses
18) I love surfing the Internet and getting emails
19) I went to Spain for two weeks with my sister when she was 18 and I was 20 – not with a group or anything – just the two of us
20) I’ve been to a taping of “The Daily Show w/Jon Stewart” in NYC
21) My first job out of college was a tour guide at CNN
22) My second job was working for three General Authorities, one of whom was Elder Gene R. Cook
23) I met my husband at a Young Single Adult dance in Atlanta
24) I took the AP Spanish test my senior year of high school and to this day it’s the hardest test I’ve ever taken
25) I think hummus is yummy
26) Cheesecake is my favorite dessert



27) I went on a cruise for my honeymoon. It stopped in Belize, Honduras, Grand Cayman and Cozumel.
28) I’ve always wanted to skydive
29) I was the same major all during college until my very last semester when I changed it.
30) I wrote for the Daily Universe (BYU’s newspaper)
31) I also was an editor for the Daily Universe for six semesters.

32) I’ve had my picture taken with Harry Connick Jr.
33) I love the movie “Newsies”
34) I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE absolutely any version of “Pride and Prejudice”
35) I’m not such a great singer
36) I love speaking in public/church
37) I have a loud laugh
38) I’ve gone to movies by myself – including opening night of “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets”

39) I got to live in a $1.2 million dollar home for four months – for free!
40) I’ve never gotten a speeding ticket
41) I love to play games
42) I haven’t thrown up since the 8th grade
43) I love to Google people I used to know
44) The first time I met my husband, he was in a wheelchair
45) My husband and I were married six months after our first date
46) I’ve always wanted to live, just for a little while, in NYC
47) I totally want to live overseas
48) I’d love to go on an African safari
49) I’ve been to Nicaragua

50) I’ve never had the flu
51) I had to have an emergency C-section, after 12 hours of non-medicated labor, in order to deliver Everett


52) I still want to have a natural childbirth
53) I’d like to have more boys than girls, but that dang ring test says it isn’t to be!
54) My goal weight is to get back to my college weight
55) I love to play Ultimate Frisbee
56) I hate running just to run. I’d rather be playing a sport

57) I like the beach, but don’t like to swim in the ocean

58) I used to have six piercings in my ears (three in each)
59) The smell of smoke makes me want to hurl
60) I love to read
61) I don’t know a lot of the really common Primary songs, even though I grew up in the church and went to Primary every Sunday.
62) I was Hall President of my Freshman dorm
63) I was nominated “Most Talkative” for a Senior Superlative, but didn’t win
64) My favorite color is red


65) My first kiss was my Freshman year of high school at age 15
66) I share my birthday with Joseph Smith Jr. (Dec. 23rd)

67) I hate my birthdate. Oh how I’ve always wanted a summer birthday!

68) I love to clean
69) I vacuum at least twice a week
70) I love the smell of bleach, chlorine and laundry detergent
71) I graduated with a degree in Print Journalism
72) I was Assistant Editor at Atlanta Home Improvement magazine
73) I love “Anne of Green Gables” and used to say over and over in my mind, “Gilbert
Blythe says being smart is better than being good-looking”
74) I’ve always thought that given the chance, Prince William and I could be good friends
75) I love British accents and movies
76) I’ve had dinner with Alton Brown, from the Food Network’s “Good Eats”
77) Nine times out of ten I take reading material to the bathroom
78) I like to sleep in matching pjs


79) I always wash my face and brush my teeth before bedtime
80) I love to cook

81) I’ve driven from Provo to Atlanta in three days BY MYSELF!
82) I like to watch college football and basketball
83) I’m a HUGE Harry Potter fan
84) I’d love to write a book
85) Seafood is super duper yummy
86) I went through the temple without an upcoming marriage or mission. It would actually
be 2 and ½ years before Will and I were sealed.
87) I’m pretty easy going
88) I love to watch any kind of trivia show. Jeopardy is a favorite
89) My wedding day and reception went exactly the way I’d always wanted it to

90) I’ve always wanted children with blue eyes
91) I love office supplies
92) I like to color with crayons
93) I was vice-president of my freshman class in high school
94) I don’t wear white shoes before Easter or after Labor Day
95) I have a pretty good memory and always remember the most random facts about people
96) I can’t wait to go to Italy, Ireland, England, France, Australia, New Zealand, most of South America, and pretty much everywhere else one day!
97) I can’t roll my tongue
98) I talk and make lots of strange noises in my sleep
99) Thursday is my favorite day of the week, hands down
100) I’ve never been to Disney World or Disney Land

5 comments:

Jessica said...

yay! i was so excited to see this post. i've been WAITING for it. i was actually very shocked that there were SOME things i didn't know about you! like, for instance, when did you eat with alton brown?! and how did i not know that you've always wanted to skydive?

and by the way -- why wasn't your beautiful baby photo contest win mentioned along with the picture?

well, thanks for the trip down memory lane with all the pictures that i'm in! that thanksgiving feast we prepared was the bomb dot com. :)

Emily C said...

hey girl! i had so many comments while I was reading (thoroughly enjoyed by the way) but now my mind has blanked! I don't think i've ever seen your wedding pictures. you look so beautiful in the one you posted. i want to see more!

heidi said...

you have the most ageless face. you look just as young today as you do in your basketball picture. a vision in porcelain skin.
matching jammies- i will forever associate those with you. perhaps one day i can make that leap into adulthood.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Where's the picture with Harry Connick Jr? I had the biggest crush on him most of my life....sexy southern crooner :)

Anonymous said...

Whoa, that is soo impressive! That's so cool you shared 100 things about you w/ us. I loved reading it and I learned a ton :] I really liked all of the photos too-so much fun and brings back old memories too for me too of growing up. I don't think there's room enough to leave comments about everything in that list-it was awesome! Thanks and good job! I really think you've had one fun-filled and full life and how young are you? :] Keep it up!

Love, Chelsea

About Me

My photo
Two crazy lovebirds + three cute kids = The Fab Five