Saturday, December 01, 2007

Tuckered Out

When it comes to my kids' sleep schedules, I am nothing if not diligent. Nap times and bed times are pretty firm. It takes something pretty special and significant for me to compromise my children's sleep.

So a couple of weeks ago Everett woke up later than normal, which pushed his nap time back a tad. But when nap time rolled around, he was outside with Grandpa "helping" him cut the grass. And I got busy doing other things, so I thought, "We'll skip the nap and hopefully have an earlier bedtime tonight."

Later than evening I was in the midst of cooking dinner, so I put on "Toy Story 2" for Everett (currently one of his faves). A few minutes later I went in to bring him to the table and this is what I saw:

It wasn't even 6:30 yet! I felt like a horrible mom for letting him fall asleep on the floor, waaay early, and without dinner. But he was out. I put him to bed and he woke up the next morning at 8 raring to go.

Moral of the story? I'm not nearly as hard-nosed about sleep as I like to think!

And to conclude, a shot of the fab foursome at Ty and Kami's Open House last weekend:

6 comments:

Sarah S said...

I love the family pic! you all look so cute :)

robin marie said...

love the sleepy head shot! that is how i feel right now!

Anonymous said...

Man, he's out for the count! That is awesome. I still can't believe he ended up sleeping for so long. I'm sure he was just fine too and just really hungry.

I love the family photo too-adorable and you all look so smashing! I bet it was a fun night!

Love, chelsea

Anonymous said...

Thats a great family picture...who is your photographer?

lrbodine said...

How on earth do you get him to sleep until 8? That alone is impressive to me. I am very dilligent about the bedtime - much to the dismay of my in-laws who don't understand why I feel it's so important. Naptime I'm a little more flexible with but it seems to work for us! :)

julie said...

you guys look great in the family photo! say hello to will and tell him i'm sorry i keep missing his calls! i really want to talk to him and promise to call as soon as possible. hope you guys are well!

About Me

My photo
Two crazy lovebirds + three cute kids = The Fab Five