You know how it is: You give yourself five minutes to check a few blogs, see what folks are up to, and before you know it an hour has passed, you've squandered away nap time (for the mommies out there) and you've found a long lost friend, but with absolutely no recollection as to how you really stumbled across their site.
Sadly, the thrill I get from finding the blog of someone I used to know is intoxicating. I always get giddy when I find a new blog that has loads of folks on their sidebar. You never know who you might find next!
So for any other surfers out there, feel free to check out my update sidebar. You might be surprised who you happen to find out there in the Internet ocean. Surf's up!

9 comments:
you are so funny!!! i have not gotten good enough to be able to blog surf yet. i am impressed with your blogging abilities!! we need to get together soon.
I am so lucky to be one of those you have stumbled onto! Keep it up. If it weren't for your surfing, I wouldn't know about your darling kids and family. You are the best!
i agree!! i cannot stop doing it!!
How do you blog surf, anyway? I'm glad you found me. I've been looking at your blog since Everett was born, I think. Thanks for the good luck wishes. I'm pretty scared to have 2. Did Will tell you i wanted to name my daughter Julia or Juliana? But, you stole it! It's alright I guess. John wasn't sold on it anyway.
I LOVE blog surfing too natalie!! Maybe it's the journalists in us, but I find it so fascinating to see what random people do on a regular basis. I've gotten good ideas for ward activities, service projects, etc. I've read things that have made me think more about how I'll do things as a parent. And I live vicariously through others who are doing things I would love to do - living abroad or living somewhere fun like NYC. Have you looked at the Pioneer Woman site? (www.thepioneerwoman.com) I find her really interesting too because her life is so opposite of mine (living on a farm).
Here is a list of others that I love:
Design Mom - www.designmom.com
Ms. Crafty Wanna-Be - tjgvanwinkle.blogspot.com
Design Sponge - designsponge.blogspot.com
Dose of Design - doseofdesign.blogspot.com
Oh Happy Day - jordanferney.blogspot.com
Unhistoric Acts - georgeeliotclub.typepad.com
Stephmodo - www.stephmodo.com
Welcome to my Soap Box - welcometomysoapbox.blogspot.com
Found, now home - foundnowhome.blogspot.com
I'm not sharing some of my favorite lurks because I'm too embarrassed to share the blogs of people I don't know - the ones listed above are mostly not personal family blogs.
One that I forgot to mention - you should check out my friend's blog - she writes daily and is a fellow journalism gal. She's very witty and interesting! musingsandmisadventures.blogspot.com
Amen sister! I have wasted away HOURS reading about people I do not know, why is that? Oh, my, the things I COULD have done, but didn't. But, I love it, so it can't be too bad of a thing, I think. ;) I guess you could think of it as "TV" watching others' lives outside your own.
So funny because I think we ALL do it. That's why I've had to really restrict my blog viewing as of late. I only let myself look at blogs AFTER I get my cleaning done for the day (I made myself a chart and assignments for each day). My house is a lot cleaner now and then I don't feel guilty wasting away hours at a time looking at blogs! :)
Although I have to say that people making their blogs private - sure makes it hard for me to figure out if I knew them. . .
It's been my goal for nearly a year to STOP blog surfing! I waste so much time on the internet! It's ridiculous. This morning I even ignored my husband a number of times accidently 'cause I was so involved in reading.
HELP!!! I need a 5 step program to break up with BLOG!
Post a Comment