Here we are in our formalwear. And yes, my dress was very sparkly.
Monday, January 14, 2008
Fancy Schmancy
I haven't been to many black-tie affairs in my day. And I've been to exactly zero since becoming a stay-at-home mom. So when Will told me that he had a "Kick Off to 2008" work party that was black tie, I admit, I was less than thrilled. I hate dress shopping and just didn't know if I would find something that was a) appropriate and b) I'd like. But, I think I faired alright and I do have to say, I felt pretty snazzy getting all dolled up and going out with my handsome husband to a party with all the grown ups. We're talking sit-down dinner, tables set with something like four different glasses and seven pieces of silverware per person, an open bar (you KNOW we took advantage of that. Hello, cherry Coke!), a d.j. AND karaoke too. What a night!

You know, sometimes it really comes in handy to have a husband with long arms. If I had taken this picture, it'd be A LOT closer.
Will the Thrill treating everyone's ears to a rousing and incredibly spot-on version of Garth Brooks' "Friends in Low Places." Seriously good. So good, in fact, that one old man swore Will has a career in Nashville in his future. If only I could sing, we could be the next Tim and Faith!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Will and Natalie Giddens
- Two crazy lovebirds + three cute kids = The Fab Five
14 comments:
how fun. i love getting all dolled up and feeling like a grown up like that. it makes me a better mommy at the end of the day. you look beautiful!! i will have to hear this good voice will has. very impressive. can you say karaoke night at the golds!!!!
Way to go Will!! sing your way to nashville!
what a fun little party - it reminds me of mardi gras balls - not that i've ever been to one - but jessica did... and i'm still jealous to this day...
jess you reading this? still jealous that you got to go with napito ;)
and p.s. you look snazzy :)
oh la la Natalie. You look great (and so do Will). what an evening.
sorry, its 2:45 in the morning and I just got done feeding Lydia and can't go back to sleep, I mean so does Will.
Less than thrilled? I think it looks like such fun. I would love to see my husband in a tux and actually have somewhere to go in it!
ooooohhhhh! that dress is awesome. you look so good! i bet it was fun to have a break from the kids for an evening.
and emily, the mardi gras ball was NOT that exciting. hahaha.
wow, you guys look great! snazzy! how fun to get to dress up and go out like married folk! but i know what you're saying about dress shopping -- yuck. sounds like a fun evening.
i am so excited that you guys were able to get dressed up and go out! and karaoke too! that is a dream date to me...was there ice cream? that would put me over the top!
I wish! The dessert was a green tea tiramisu. Not really my thing, although it did have whipped cream on top, which was quite yummy.
Will and Natalie sho do look good!!!
You both looked so great! I love sparkly dresses... :)
you guys look great!
You guys look stunning and so darn cute as a couple!!! That's so cool that you got to go even if it was a bit over the top-you'll always remember it for sure. Wow, what an event. I bet it was nice too to have a night out on the town w/out the kiddies-so sweet.
Oh John says he's sorry he won't be Will's personal PT anymore but he would LOVE to be his drummer-and he's dead serious this time!!! :] so give him a call, he's about to upgrade his blue sparkles to bigger and better wood!
Love, Chelsea & John
p.s. oh i love mr. anonymous, i think i can just hear that accent.....hee he heee
Post a Comment