Friday, July 14, 2006

The Destroyer

We have now entered into that wonderful stage of Everett's development where he will slobber, drool, rip, tear, wrinkle, and play with absolutely ANYTHING we happen to leave within his hand's length. We also know that we'll be deeply entrenched in this stage for quite some time to come. But as we've only begun our journey into torn books, important documents that now have crayon markings and other joys of little ones, we find the following pictures pretty amusing.

We take the blame completely, as we should have known better than to leave the Book of Mormon study manual on the ottoman in the living room. Silly us!

Caught in the act and doesn't even care.
The look on his face is almost defiant, "Yeah, so what I'm chewing up a perfectly good book cover?"


The end result: A mangled cover that he not only chewed up...

but also ripped off completely.
Good thing it only cost me a couple of bucks at the BYU Bookstore.

At least we know his diet is high in fiber!

5 comments:

Robyn said...

What I love about this stage is that if I mess up a piece paper by shoving it in my pocket, purse, or the dreaded inbox, I can blame it on Jacob. Even if I did it. Ha ha ha ha!

He looks adorable as he is being defiant.

Shayleen Lunt said...

Oh, what a fun stage:) I hope that he doesn't receive too many paper cuts from all the paper he'll be attempted to eat! Is he pulling up to that ottoman already??? He's a doll! A HANDSOME doll though!

Jessica said...

what a cute little guy. i think little kids have to be so cute though, or else it would be so much easier to get really mad when they destroy important things!

Anonymous said...

A cute Destroyer! Just another reminder that there's Always soo much to think about w/ kids! Yikies! I agree w/ the last post about them being so cute so you don't get mad-so true! :] Its just crazy what they get themselves into. Your descriptions and photos reminded me of our chocolate lab puppy, Lucy, when she was just so little and cute but chewing up everything!!!! What a drooler! Baby anythings are so amazing and so darn cute and fun! Good luck keeping stuff safe!*!*!*!!*

Love, Chelsea Rae

Emily C said...

oh my goodness!! he's eating the book!! that's hillarious!!!

About Me

My photo
Two crazy lovebirds + three cute kids = The Fab Five