Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Fourth of July!

In honor of the 4th, I found this fun quiz on msn.com. Have a go at it and let us know how you did:

Do you have what it takes to become a citizen?

When immigrants want to become Americans, they must take a civics test as part of their naturalization interview before a Citizenship and Immigration Services officer. The questions are usually selected from a list of 100 sample questions (see at http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/services/natz/English.pdf ) that prospective citizens can look at ahead of the interview (though the examiner is not limited to those questions). Some are easy, some are not. We have picked some of the more difficult ones. Should you be welcomed immediately to the Land of the Free or sent home for some more homework? Find out! (PLEASE NOTE: These questions are as asked on the official United States Immigration and Naturalization Services Web site. Candidates are not given multiple choices in the naturalization interview, which is conducted orally.)


http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13442226/


(I got a 90% and Will has yet to take it. Good luck!)

4 comments:

Jessica said...

i got a 90%, too! we must have been roommates or something.

Anonymous said...

Dang it! Ba-humbug! I am so embarressed and regret to say that I only got a 75% on the test! Oops! I got really confused and second-guessed myself a lot-I hate that, when you don't go w/ your 1st answer, ggrrr. I guess it just also shows that I really did have a hard time staying awake and understanding my boring and super long American Heritage and Civilization class in college-oops! I still LOVE our Country though, I'll try harder next time :] Now I want John to do it!

I hope you guys had a super fabulous holiday and lots of fun!

Thanks for the brain buster and good reminder! Take care!

Love, Chelseaaaah

Robyn said...

Chelsea, don't feel bad...I got a 75% too...and proud of it! Although I would be prouder if I'd gotten a 90% like Natalie.

Thanks for the link! Happy fourth!

Emily C said...

that was way to hard, had to quit.

About Me

My photo
Two crazy lovebirds + three cute kids = The Fab Five