Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Blogging Tip of the Day

In my experience with blogging I've discovered a few "tricks of the trade" and since I'm in a sharing kind of mood, I thought I'd pass along a little tip that some of you might not know about just yet: Bloglines

Bloglines makes checking other people's blogs a million times easier. It also allows you to know when folks have updated, so it eliminates the need to actually visit their blog to see if there's been a new entry. I love it!!

For example, I currently have 70 blogs on my Bloglines list. If you notice, I don't have nearly that many on my sidebar of friends and family. There are some blogs I just simply like to stalk (c'mon, admit it, you all have done that too), and therefore, it's super easy to go to my Bloglines page and see who has a new entry. I promise, it's as addicting as checking your email, at least for me.

So if you're interested in cutting down the amount of time you spend clicking on links, looking for a new entry and then clicking back, check out http://www.bloglines.com/. All you need is an email address and you'll be set!

7 comments:

heidi said...

so, we may need to have a phone call tutorial on this one. i signed up months ago and nothing is ever updated. i did something wrong, but i am not sure what. help!

Shayleen Lunt said...

That's why I comment 15 minutes after you have posted! I have been using Google Reader (www.google.com/reader) and it does the same thing...love it!

Alison B said...

Google Reader is the best!!!! Love it!!! You never forget anyone's, or loud music doens't come on when you go on someone's blog or anything. Love it!!!
Add baby cheapskate...it has lots of coupons and fun stuff.

Salt H2O said...

Thanks!

Emily C said...

girl, i can't believe you are giving away your dirty little secrets!!

hahah. i agree, bloglines does save tons of time!! and i love it!

robin marie said...

i also use google reader! love it.

CJ said...

Yup, I'll admit it-- I'm a blog stalker too. And it's kind of hard to keep up with whose blog links to whose (is it "whose" or "who's"?) so I might have to give this a try.

About Me

My photo
Two crazy lovebirds + three cute kids = The Fab Five