Remember when we were in college and you always wanted to dress up? Like that time we dressed up in pink and white to see "Legally Blonde" or our "Black Sabbath Sunday" where we treated our BYU ward to us in all black? And remember how you always had to beg and plead with me in order to get me to go along with any of your crazy ideas?
Well, you know I'm no fan of Halloween. Nu-uh, not me. Halloween, as you well know, encompasses just about everything I dislike - dressing up, cooler weather, candy, getting scared/being scary, the color orange. Yup, it's all yucky. Halloween and I mix like oil and water. So much so, that I figured out that I haven't been trick-or-treating in 18 years.
So, my dear, wonderful friend, imagine my surprise to spawn a child who appears, at the tender age of 23 months, to LOVE the holiday I despise most. He loved dressing up, he loved the candy and give him a few years, and I'll bet he loves the scary factor as well.
Love,
Nat

3 comments:
how sad you don't enjoy halloween, jason and i love it!!!!
WOW- i am honestly speechless. i guess in life everyone is blessed with what they really need. you needed a little more halloween in your life and that everett is going to be such a blessing for you.
AND, black sabbath was awesome. we did it so much it was almost black sabbath semester.
AND, legally blonde night. stroke of genius. i know you enjoyed that! AND eating at burger king and seeing that guy with a blue mullet, remember?
Happy Halloween Late~! Hey it can be a very fun, not scary, child's holiday! I'm glad you guys got in the festive spirit. That is really funny about Everett! But heck, don't all kids love candy! Just enjoy and don't let them get into all of the silly, gory, icky, dumb stuff. Keep it fun!
Love, Chelsea
Post a Comment